Quandela – a spin-out company from the CNRS’ Centre of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology – builds quantum devices and modules to accelerate the development of quantum communication networks and optical quantum computers.
We are looking for a software engineer to lead the development of user interfaces and automated hardware controls for our in-house production and validation systems. Our systems are mostly optical in nature combining advance characterisation of optical qubit-generators and precision lithography elements. As part of the software development team and in direct collaboration with our hardware engineers, you will take ownership of the software lifecycle (design, optimise, deploy, maintain, upgrade, and support end-users) and work on an agile basis to achieve early and continuous delivery of valuable software. Your results will not only be instrumental for production outputs but will also influence the research strategy for next-generation production systems.
We are seeking a GUI developer with some familiarity with controls and instrumentation for scientific apparatus. You must be able to work thoroughly, independently and creatively. This position involves developing new tools using C++ and Python. Experience in software tools, and interface with instrumentation and electronics for research setups are also desirable.
- Collaborate with the hardware engineers to gain information, provide technical analysis and collaboratively write system specifications.
- Provide quick delivery of core features.
- Conceptualise, implement, and optimise software solutions (including GUIs) for complex hardware systems.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Maintain system operational through revision cycles, automatic testing
- Serve as a technical resource for the design of next-gen systems.
- Engineering MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Knowledge in Micro-controller, Instrumentation, Experimental Physics or other relevant discipline is a plus
- Minimal 1-3+ years of experience for similar position.
- Proficient in C/C++/Python on Windows Environment, experience in Qt is a plus
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications (including UIs).
- Proficiency with application design.
- Strong communication skills in English for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to autonomous working on structured team projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Hands-on experience in interface with micro-controllers and/or misc. controlers through serial communication is a plus
- Experience with real-time control of hardware, imaging systems and other optical instrumentation is a plus.
- A diverse, dynamic, challenging, international team and environment.
- All means necessary to carry-out high-impact projects.
- Strong potential for fast career development within a rapidly growing company.
- Employee profit-sharing scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Meal and transport subsidies.