Qblox is looking for a junior application scientist to help us build industrial-scale quantum computers with our customers. We provide them with quantum control stacks that generate the analog signals needed for the control and readout of quantum bits. In this job you will:
- Create new relations and manage existing relations with customers,
- Represent Qblox at conferences and visit customers around the world,
- Match customers’ requirements with Qblox’s solutions,
- (Co-)author white and scientific publications,
- Work with the marketing team in creating marketing material (app notes, website, videos),
- Connect to our hardware and software teams to improve our user experience,
- Help sales/marketing team with regular operations,
- Collect, record and maintain customer contact data.
For this role, we are looking for a scientist with:
- An MSc in physics/engineering with a technical background and/or experimental research in quantum technology,
- Good communication skills,
- Affinity with building and debugging experimental setups or electrical systems,
- Programming skills in Python,
- A drive to learn a variety of disciplines in quantum technology,
- Affinity with sales and marketing (experience is a pro),
- Charismatic, enthusiastic, outgoing,
- Fluency in Professional English.
Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
At Qblox we celebrate equality and diversity. We’re striving to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skills. If you are to join us, you can expect:
- An international, interdisciplinary team of high-skilled physicists, engineers, designers and scientists with an open working culture
- A high-curiosity, high-performance and invigorating team dynamic
- Flexible working hours: hybrid working options and travel allowance for commute
- 30 days annual leave and holiday allowance
- Company-sponsored retreats and Friday lunches
- Modern, open office with proximity to QuTech facilities, shared with Delft-based quantum startups
- Competitive compensation and participation plan
- Opportunities for international travel for conferences, partnerships and customer visits
With a dedicated team of scientists, engineers and developers we are pushing quantum technology to support experimentalists worldwide with our scalable and low-latency qubit control and readout equipment (from ultrastable DC to 18.5 GHz, for academic and industrial quantum labs). In addition to scalable control hardware, we have created state-of-the-art control software – Quantify, an open-source python framework that can be used to control quantum computers and experimental setups.
We are a spin-out from QuTech (a collaboration between Delft University of Technology and TNO) based in Delft, a historical city in The Netherlands located between The Hague and Rotterdam. You will join a highly-skilled and motivated team. We are shaping the future and have a lot of fun while doing so!