We are recruiting a Quantum Information Scientist with a specialism in theoretical quantum communications. The candidate will develop novel quantum networking architectures based on solid state quantum light sources for applications in secure key transfer and entanglement distribution.
You will work in a cross-disciplinary team which includes quantum photonic engineers, mechanical engineers, optical physicists alongside business developers and product designers.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant start-up at an early stage of the company’s development and can professionally develop in tandem with the growth of the business. You will be a highly motivated expert in your area and looking to deliver revolutionary change in technological capability.
Aegiq is a fast-growing and award-winning start-up on a mission to move the world’s information resources into the quantum era. We are developing high-performance systems which utilise our proprietary sources of quantum light and photonic platforms to deliver new capabilities in quantum security and quantum information processing. Located at Sheffield Tech Parks in the Cultural Industries Quarter in the centre of Sheffield UK, Aegiq are backed by leading venture capital funds and are rapidly expanding the team to our bring pioneering products to market.
We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, colour, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
- Theoretical research and development of quantum communication implementations utilising solid state quantum light sources
- Development of optimised quantum network topologies based on state of the art hardware
- Development of network modelling capability for optimal system deployment
- Exploration of entanglement distribution and quantum networking architectures and protocols
- Robust rate and link analysis for near-term QKD implementations
- Cost analysis and business case development in collaboration with clients
- PhD in theoretical quantum communication or closely related area
- Deep understanding of QKD theory, quantum networks and repeaters
- A strong evidenced track record of generating novel solutions
- Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of analytical and numerical modelling
- Strong programming skills in Python, Julia and/or scientific computing languages
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
The ideal candidate will also have experience in the following areas:
- Familiarity with entanglement based protocols
- Experience of quantum key rate modelling in real-world scenarios
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous company share options with tax efficient EMI-qualified Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 25 days annual leave, UK bank holidays and Christmas closure days
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme provided by NEST pensions
- Hybrid and family friendly working options
- Strong potential for rapid career development in an internationally growing company
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free fruit in the office
- City-centre location